top of page

Music Recommendations to raise the vibes šŸ§˜šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

PublicĀ·28 members

Principles By Ray Dalio

As he explained in his #1 New York Times bestseller Principles, Ray Dalio believes that most everything happens over and over again through time so that by studying patterns one can understand the cause-effect relationships behind events and develop principles for dealing with them well. In this three-part research series, he does just that for big debt crises and shares his template in the hopes of reducing the chances of big debt crises happening and helping them be better managed in the future.

Principles by Ray Dalio

Stephen R. Covey's book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, has been a top seller for the simple reason that it ignores trends and pop psychology for proven principles of fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity. Celebrating its 15th year of helping people solve personal and professional problems, this special anniversary edition includes a new foreword and afterword written by Covey that explore whether the 7 Habits are still relevant and answer some of the most common questions he has received over the past 15 years.

An updated edition of the blockbuster best-selling leadership book that took America and the world by storm, two US Navy SEAL officers who led the most highly decorated special operations unit of the Iraq War demonstrate how to apply powerful leadership principles from the battlefield to business and life.

Ray Dalio, one of the world's most successful investors and entrepreneurs, shares the unconventional principles that he's developed, refined, and used over the past 40 years to create unique results in both life and business - and which any person or organization can adopt to help achieve their goals.

In 1975, Ray Dalio founded an investment firm, Bridgewater Associates, out of his two-bedroom apartment in New York City. Forty years later, Bridgewater has made more money for its clients than any other hedge fund in history and has grown into the fifth most important private company in the United States, according to Fortune magazine. Dalio himself has been named to Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world. Along the way, Dalio discovered a set of unique principles that have led to Bridgewater's exceptionally effective culture, which he describes as "an idea meritocracy that strives to achieve meaningful work and meaningful relationships through radical transparency". It is these principles, and not anything special about Dalio - who grew up an ordinary kid in a middle-class Long Island neighborhood - that he believes are the reason behind his success.

Principles: Life & Work is a 2017 book by hedge fund manager Ray Dalio based on principles he had developed while leading Bridgewater Associates. These Principles for Success were also made available as an ultra mini-series adventure by the author.[1]

After receiving a frank memo from his top lieutenants in 1993 concerning his interpersonal performance as a manager, Bridgewater Associates' Ray Dalio began to develop a unique company culture based on principles and unadorned feedback. He originally published a shorter version of Principles online in 2011, where it received over three million downloads. It was officially released as Principles: Life & Work on September 19, 2017,[2] by Simon & Schuster.[3]

Much better organized and fleshed out than the original PDF. It gets very slow in the work principles, definitely skim those based on your interest. The life principles are phenomenal, though. Would highly recommend.

If you write down every kind of encounter you have (loss of a job, personal disagreement, late for something) and compile them in a list, it would probably total just a few hundred items and only a few would be unique to you. You can develop principles for every kind of interaction. [128]

26) Recognize that conflicts are essential for great relationships because they are the means by which people determine whether their principles are aligned and resolve their differences. I believe that in all relationships, including the most treasured ones, 1) there are principles and values each person has that must be in synch for the relationship to be successful and 2) there must be give and take. I believe there is always a kind of negotiation or debate between people based on principles and mutual consideration. What you learn about each other via that negotiation" either draws you together or drives you apart.

In Principles, Ray Dalio lays down the rules and frameworks he uses to navigate his life. The book explores truth-seeking, decision-making, and the implementation of systems to achieve success. Afterward, Ray goes over the management principles he used to build his multibillion-dollar hedge fund, Bridgewater.

In his world, the future can be predicted on the back of track record. And if his track record on how to think about the world and the principles it ought to operate by is anything to go by, I believe the 500-plus pages in the book will contain regurgitated tripe from a 123-page book (or manual if you will) that every employee is expected to commit to rote. If you may be inclined to go over what it contains, it is available for downloads in multiple formats.

I spoke to Ray Dalio, author of Principles: Life and Work and founder and co-chairman of Bridgewater Associates, about how he broke into the financial industry, how he overcame some early life challenges, some of his key principles that led to the success of his firm, how he builds strong teams through radical transparency, why he created baseball cards for employees and his best advice.

Many of my principles are about how to do these things well, which isn't easy because most people haven't learned to operate this way naturally. It's uncomfortable at first, especially when it comes to being radically truthful and transparent about people's weaknesses. While it's not for everyone, we've found that after about 18 months, most people adjust to the culture and many eventually find it difficult being any other way. That's because when they move from hiding failures and gossiping to bringing their thinking to the surface, they understand each other better and make better decisions-and they come to love it.

You first have to dream big and prioritize. If you follow the right principles you can have virtually anything you want, but you can't have everything you want. Rejecting some things you want in order to focus on achieving other things more is key.

On the way to your goal you will encounter your realities. You will need to know how to deal with them well. If you're open-minded and flexible enough, you will learn how to do that, typically by making painful mistakes, learning from them and changing. In the process you will develop your principles. I urge you to write them down. They're your recipes for success. If you're interested, my own are in my book.

While interviewing Dalio for this week's 60 Minutes, correspondent Bill Whitaker asked him about his principles, the guidelines Dalio has established over decades that he says are the key to his company's success.

"What I stumbled across was the idea that every time I would make a decision, I would write down my criteria for making that decision," Dalio said. "And those criteria are principles. You know, they're like recipes. When in this situation, what would you do?"

Dalio's principles create what he calls an "idea meritocracy," a work system in which the best ideas win out. Dalio told Whitaker he doesn't want an environment in which one person or group makes all the decisions. That's because no one person knows what's best, he said. Instead, he wants his employees to have the opportunity to contribute and to find out the best ideas.

Work Principles will beuseful for managers and people who run their own companies. It focuses on thebest ways to organize a company and work with teams to achieve a commonprofessional goal. But I believe this part can be useful for anyone becausemost of the work principles can also be applied in personal relationships.

I think one of the reasonswhy I loved is so much is because I already know and live by some of the mostimportant principles in the book. They all made sense to me because I thinkabout life in a similar way.

The book also includes an index or a summary of allprinciples. This is very useful because it allows you to easily find aprinciple and locate it in the book if you want to read the more in-depthexplanation.

I believe that Principles is meant to be used as amanual for life. This means that you should easily find the information youneed when you need it. Luckily, the book was designed to be that way. Both thestructure of the book and the summary of principles help you find what you needwith ease.

This is exactly what I expected from such a book andsuch an author, but it is still worth mentioning. Dalio focused on principles,ideas and concepts. He occasionally shares short stories to illustrate how theprinciples work or how his own experience helped him learn something new. Butthese stories are few and short.

Principles has over 500 pages (more than 400 about theprinciples) and I never felt any part was unnecessary or a waste of space. Sonaturally this made me like the book even more because I am more interested inthe information in a book, not in countless stories that illustrate the samemessage.

I honestly believe that applying just some of theprinciples included in the book is enough to make a drastic difference in howyou think and live your life. I believe they have the potential to help youbetter understand yourself and other people. They can also help you betterunderstand the world we live in, make better decisions, be more consistent inyour thoughts and actions and achieve success quicker. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page