top of page

Music Recommendations to raise the vibes šŸ§˜šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

PublicĀ·28 members

Perama Greek Restaurant

I dined at Perama with some always-entertaining food blogger friends Maria, Betty, Richard and John. We were looking forward to a great meal at a much applauded restaurant. However, what we got was a blow your socks off experience.

perama greek restaurant

The rice pudding thiples is a fantastic take on a traditional greek dessert. The fried, honeyed pastry is layered between a mouth-watering creamy rice pudding, crushed walnuts and a warm compote of spiced apples. This was my favourite dessert and I am going to try and replicate this at home.

The verdict This was a divine dining experience and I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly. We ordered the $50 banquet and an extra dish of the Pork Belly Baklava for an additional $4pp. Vegetarians are well looked after and the restaurant is more than happy for banquet items to be changed. There is also no corkage fee when you order the banquet. This must be the best value banquet in the whole of Sydney!

When I heard that Perama was closing down soon I knew I had to make myself a booking soon as it had always been on my wish list of places to try. I gathered a group of food bloggers for a final feasting at Perama. Perama has been running for an impressive 18 years so it was quite sad to be dining here for the first and last time. Chef and owner, David Tsirekas, will be opening up a new Greek bar and restaurant, Xanthi, in Westfield Sydney on the 15th of August 2011. We learn that there will be filo pastries made to order, a trolley of over 20 different varieties of Ouzo on offer, traditional sand-pit coffee, 2 spit roasts offered every lunch and dinner service and of course some of the favourites from Perama at the new premise.

What visit to a Greek restaurant is it without some squeaky cheese? The BBQ haloumi cheese with honey peppered figs were welcomed by all as they arrived. The haloumi cheese was not too salty nor hard and the addition of the honey peppered figs provided a subtle sweetness to the dish.

Another dish that I have now learnt to love are dolmathes, the first time I had them was at a restaurant in Melbourne and they were serve cold. A few of us had a discussion about this, warm vs cold dolmathes, I personally love them warm but some have only ever had them cold. A mixture of rice and vegetables is wrapped around vine leaves into logs and served warm and with an avgolemono sauce (a thickened sauce made with eggs and lemon) which provides a creamy yet tangy zing to the dolmathes.

Nisos is a good restaurant in Corfu Island is located in Perama of Pontikonissi and offers Greek cuisine. The menu features all the famous Greek flavors, as well as local Corfiot cuisine. The food here is made with fresh ingredients, respect and love. Next to Pontikonisi, Vlacherna, Kanoni, Corfu town and the airport, enjoy traditional food, drinks and coffee in the most beautiful corner of the Ionian Sea.

Featuring a terrace, a restaurant, and a bar, Nisos Family House has accommodations in Perama with free WiFi and sea views. With free private parking, the property is 2.4 km from Aeolos Beach and 3.1 km from Kaiser Bridge Beach.

Enjoy a meal at the restaurant or snacks in the coffee shop/cafƩ. The hotel also offers 24-hour room service. Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar. Breakfast... 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page